Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Foundations 2

Skills:
Pushups
Burpees
Wall ball
Rowing

WOD:
Row 2000m for time
9:37.1

Heather sort of congratulated me for being done my Foundations, and instead of be happy and feeling accomplished, I complained that I finished last everytime. I was a bad sport, and I feel awful that I didn't appreciate what Heather was saying.

Grrrr, instead of being happy about something, I chose to look at the most (the only?) negative thing. I chose to focus on the negative. I had felt great earlier on, had fun and tried really hard, but I finished last in time, and that's all I took away from class. That just won't do. Heather and the group in class were wonderful, and I didn't just let them be wonderful. I feel like I tarnished the final foundations class for myself, instead of having pride in what I'd completed.

The only way to get better is to not quit and to try harder when I want to quit.
Cultivate grace. Stop my ego from smashing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis