Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hip-exploding Annie

I trundled off to the Atii Fitness Centre with Boz this lovely Saturday afternoon. Our plan was to do a kettlebell Annie, with KB swings instead of the usual double-unders. I knew I would be substituting something else for the situps too, since that is still a problem with my low back injury.
I decided to substitute half the number of wall ball for the situps, and then Boz had an issue with the situps too. His answer was to just go for it, and do the full reps of walls balls. That is 150 wall balls, and 150 kettlebell swings for the Boz. That's right, it was the entire Karen workout plus a whole bunch of 1 pood swings as a bonus. Good for him, but that is a lot of violent hip explosion!

Strength:
3 rounds of this complex, increasing weight each round:
1 shoulder press, 3 push press, 5 push jerk
60-65-70

Then, I tried 75lb for a shoulder press, and made it, for a PR!

WOD:
25 wall ball (5kg)
50 KB swings (20lb, Russian style)
20 wall ball
40 KB swings
15 wall bal
30 KB swings
10 wall ball
20 KB swings
5 wall ball
10 KB swings

12:43

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis